If these describe you…
– You struggle with anxiety or depression
– You relive traumatic events
– Experience flashbacks, dissociate, or feel disconnected from others
– You find that you are startled easily and/or irritable
– You have trouble experiencing any positive emotions like joy or even love
– Feel frozen in time or frozen in the past
– You’d like professional help to better cope with previous trauma
– You wish to create an easier, happier, more connected life
…Then eye movement desensitization and reprocessing could be the right therapeutic approach for you.
EMDR is a powerful psychotherapeutic approach that helps lessen, or even eliminate, the painful mental and physical responses raised by the memory of traumatic events and seeks to create new healthier patterns in your brain.
In EMDR we work with you in a safe environment to identify the distressing memory or memories and those situations that create a strong and emotional reaction, identify core negative beliefs related to memories and create a new positive belief, desensitize your body and brain to harmful responses, and aim for rapid and positive therapeutic change. We teach you grounding techniques to cope with your symptoms during the EMDR process and outside of therapy.
Success with EMDR results in relief from distress, adjusts and redefines core beliefs about yourself, and contributes to a relaxed and calmer mind and body. If you’d like me to show you how EMDR can help you find new peace, please contact me today for an appointment. I offer EMDR services.